Obaatanpa Radio Online


Body of the Man being conveyed

A woman named Auntie and her son were found dead after they were electrocuted in front of their house at Old barrier in the Weija Gbawe Municipality of the Greater Accra Region. The woman and her son were aged 65 and 38 years respectively.

Speaking to Obaatanpa Radio’s Mireku Nyanpong, the Municipal Director of the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO), Mr. Emmanuel Adu-Boahen narrated that, his outfit received an information from the assembly concerning the occurrence which cause them to rush to the scene.

Mr. Adu-Boahen continued that they found the lifeless bodies lying in the flood and upon investigation, he gathered that the woman got electrocuted and died but her son was indoors.

When her son came out upon hearing his mum scream, he went over to help her not knowing what happened and also got electrocuted.

He further explain that the community folks reported the issue to the SCC police when they realized the pair had died.

The NADMO director finally appealed to  Ghanaians to desist from building in water ways to reduce such occurrence.

In an interview, some of the angry resident blamed  the authorities in  the Weija Gbawe for this unfortunate incidence because the assembly failed to construct proper drainage system and also have allowed people to build in the rain ways.

Resident of the deceased

Furthermore Assembly Member of New Weija East Electoral area Grace Ntiamoah has called on engineers in various Assemblies to work hard to prevent people from building in water ways.

Related posts